Access the Kansas Federal Public Defender Blog here, or subscribe at the blog site, for frequent posts about substantive legal developments of interest to federal criminal defense attorneys.
- "A dangerously racist view that has no place in the law"
- Bail Reform Act provides sole avenue for detention pending trial
- Immigration consequences: the "particularly serious crime" bar
- Mawage, that bwessed awangment
- When motive is central
- Arresting middle-school girls to teach them a lesson is (surprise!) not reasonable
We want fewer people going to prison and more people going home. Here is how we work to make that happen.
We represent. Most importantly, we represent you. We hear you, we respect you, and we will fiercely defend you.
We collaborate. We build relationships with each other and others in the community to support you both in and out of court.
We educate. We are constantly learning and teaching others new ideas about the law, poverty, race, and culture, and the need for institutional reform and systemic change.