Access the Kansas Federal Public Defender Blog here, or subscribe at the blog site, for frequent posts about substantive legal developments of interest to federal criminal defense attorneys.
- Carrying a gun near (somebody's) drugs not enough for sentencing enhancement
- Your mission: challenge the ping!
- Entire First Circuit calls on High Court to re-examine the sentence 'proportionality principle'
- What are you waiving in your client's plea agreement? And why?
- Cross-border data and the contours of law enforcement's reach
We want fewer people going to prison and more people going home. Here is how we work to make that happen.
We represent. Most importantly, we represent you. We hear you, we respect you, and we will fiercely defend you.
We collaborate. We build relationships with each other and others in the community to support you both in and out of court.
We educate. We are constantly learning and teaching others new ideas about the law, poverty, race, and culture, and the need for institutional reform and systemic change.