Access the Kansas Federal Public Defender Blog here, or subscribe at the blog site, for frequent posts about substantive legal developments of interest to federal criminal defense attorneys.
- No officers, you may not ignore plainly exculpatory evidence when making a seizure
- 20 seconds of questioning unlawfully extends traffic stop
- No nexus? No good faith.
- Legal protections do not hang on the whims of government officials
- Being a migrant is not a crime
- How to preserve a confrontation objection
We want fewer people going to prison and more people going home. Here is how we work to make that happen.
We represent. Most importantly, we represent you. We hear you, we respect you, and we will fiercely defend you.
We collaborate. We build relationships with each other and others in the community to support you both in and out of court.
We educate. We are constantly learning and teaching others new ideas about the law, poverty, race, and culture, and the need for institutional reform and systemic change.