Access the Kansas Federal Public Defender Blog here, or subscribe at the blog site, for frequent posts about substantive legal developments of interest to federal criminal defense attorneys.
- “Encouraging or inducing” an alien to remain held unconstitutionally overbroad
- Who, other than Congress, gets to define criminal law? The AG? The DEA? The USSC?
- Do only 2-4% of child-abuse complainants lie? Can an expert say so to a jury?
- "Law enforcement officers are not average citizens"
- The Fourth Amendment still applies to those on community supervision
We want fewer people going to prison and more people going home. Here is how we work to make that happen.
We represent. Most importantly, we represent you. We hear you, we respect you, and we will fiercely defend you.
We collaborate. We build relationships with each other and others in the community to support you both in and out of court.
We educate. We are constantly learning and teaching others new ideas about the law, poverty, race, and culture, and the need for institutional reform and systemic change.