Access the Kansas Federal Public Defender Blog here, or subscribe at the blog site, for frequent posts about substantive legal developments of interest to federal criminal defense attorneys.
- "Surplus" does not make an otherwise legal wiretap order insufficient
- Testimony on drug courier profiles alone cannot establish guilt
- Lifetime supervised release for drug addict substantively unreasonable
- Section 924(c)(3)'s residual clause held unconstitutionally vague
- So what if you haven't built a fortress---your property may still be protected curtilage
- "A salient truth"
We want fewer people going to prison and more people going home. Here is how we work to make that happen.
We represent. Most importantly, we represent you. We hear you, we respect you, and we will fiercely defend you.
We collaborate. We build relationships with each other and others in the community to support you both in and out of court.
We educate. We are constantly learning and teaching others new ideas about the law, poverty, race, and culture, and the need for institutional reform and systemic change.