Access the Kansas Federal Public Defender Blog here, or subscribe at the blog site, for frequent posts about substantive legal developments of interest to federal criminal defense attorneys.
- The FIRST STEP Act & compassionate release
- The First Step Act and Prison Reform
- Mandatory Minimum Sentences in Child Porn Cases: How to Use the Sentencing Commission's New Report
- When suspicion is no longer reasonable
- He "wasn't going to say anything at all"
- Balancing the probative and prejudical effects of prior bad acts
We want fewer people going to prison and more people going home. Here is how we work to make that happen.
We represent. Most importantly, we represent you. We hear you, we respect you, and we will fiercely defend you.
We collaborate. We build relationships with each other and others in the community to support you both in and out of court.
We educate. We are constantly learning and teaching others new ideas about the law, poverty, race, and culture, and the need for institutional reform and systemic change.